Steve, the administrator for JesusAlive.cc, leads three online Bible studies on “Zoom.” Two are on Sunday and Thursday nights, from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. EST, and one is on Wednesday afternoon, from 12 (noon) – 1:30 p.m. EST.
***Note: The Wednesday afternoon Bible study was specifically created for those in countries outside of the U.S., who in the past have been unable to join our Sunday / Thursday studies because of time differences. The Wednesday start time of 12 (noon) EST should allow you to come at a time which is late afternoon, or early evening for you. (If you want to know what the time difference is between where you are, and “EST,” put in a Google search: “time in New York right now.”)
If this is something that would be of interest to you, here is what you need to know.
1. These Bible studies are open to anyone in the U.S., or the world who is able to download Zoom (not available in some countries) onto their pc, phone, or tablet (it will need to have a camera and microphone). You can download Zoom here: zoom.us.
2. When I say “Bible studies,” they are indeed that, however, they are also more. There are 3 aspects to these meetings: 1. Fellowship – we will spend a little bit of time interacting with each other, 2. Prayer – we will pray for any needs you might have, 3. Bible study – we will spend time studying God’s Word (usually about an hour or so).
3. On Sundays, I primarily do expository teaching. What this means is that we will take a book of the Bible, and explore it verse by verse. Those who are new Christians should have no trouble following along, while more mature Christians will definitely learn some new things. This study is “interactive.” I encourage questions, and participation, however, there will not be “debate.” While I do not expect you to agree with me on every theological viewpoint, if you don’t, this study is not a forum for you to argue with me. If I find someone to be disruptive, or monopolizing time, they will either be removed from the room immediately, or not be asked back for another meeting. (Thankfully, this has not happened so far.)
4. On Wednesdays, I am teaching what is called a “New Testament Survey.” This is a class that is offered for new students at many Christian colleges. When I first took this class, my teacher called it the 30,000 foot view of the New Testament. In other words, as we go through each book in the New Testament, it will be an overview, rather than an exhaustive study (see Sunday for an exhaustive study). You can find more details on what this class will cover here.
5. Thursdays are a chance for people to ask Steve Bible related questions, and we will search through Scripture to find answers. If no one has any questions, we will either do a topical study, or pick a section of Scripture to discuss. This night is less structured than Sundays or Wednesdays, and more back and forth discussions are allowed.
***Note: Please take some time to look over the JesusAlive.cc website to find my views on different Bible topics.
Interested in Joining?
Here is what you need to do:
If you would like to be a part of either of these groups, comment below. In order to comment, you will need to have an e-mail address, and I will receive this e-mail address when you comment. I will use it to contact you. My wife and I (for ladies), or just me (for men) meet with each person individually on Zoom before bringing them into the Bible studies.
We meet with people beforehand because we do not want to cause distraction while the Bible study is going on. Meeting ahead of time will give you a chance to meet us, ask any questions you might have, and we will also share more details about the Bible studies. In addition, we want to make sure that you are smoothly able to use Zoom. (It is very distracting and frustrating to everyone in the group for us to try and help new people get into the study while it is going on!)
After this meeting, assuming everything goes well, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to join us on whatever day you have chosen.
I look forward to connecting with you!
In Christ, Steve
***ATTENTION NOTE*** IF YOU HAVE A “YAHOO” E-MAIL ADDRESS, please check your “spam” folder for my reply, as many JesusAlive e-mails get sent there. For others, if you don’t see my invite within a day or two after your request, I suggest checking your spam folder as well.
***Note: If you are unable to join the Bible study (or do not wish to), but would like to stay connected with JesusAlive.cc, you can join our community of those who receive e-mails. For more info on this, go here.
On the T-shirt is the Greek word “homothumadon,” meaning “like-minded.” This is the name of our Bible study groups.
Where Bible Study Participants Have Come From: