Q: #440. How many times did Jesus give thanks to the Father while on Earth?
By: Steve Shirley
A: I find these times that Jesus thanked the Father. (I am using the KJV Bible.)
1. Thanking the Father: "because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes" (Mt 11:25).
2. Saying this same phrase again with thanks in (Lk 10:21). (This may have been the same occasion as above, but it is unclear.)
***Note: Some versions use "praise" instead of "thanks" for these first two.
3. Before feeding the 4000 (Mt 15:36)(Mk 8:6).
4. Before feeding the 5000 (Jn 6:11).
5. Before raising Lazarus from the dead (Jn 11:41).
6. Before sharing wine at the Passover meal (Lk 22:17-18).
7. Before breaking bread (Lk 22:19), and sharing wine (Mt 26:27)(Mk 14:23) at The Last Supper.